Would it be okay to carry my nine month old in a snugli carrier hes small enough still it just seems weird?

I am asking becaise i have a 21 month old also and he wants to go outside all the time and this would make it easier since the youngest cant walk yet

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why is that weird??

There is nothing wrong with it
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't think it is weird. I carried my son it mine until he was well over 1. The reason being is when we went to stores and stuff, he wouldn't stay in the cart and he wouldn't walk well beside me, so I carried him on me :) He actually thought it was funny.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 12:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I still wear my 3 year old. but I use a wrap, and have more options for carrying positions.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• what type of carriers do they make for older kids because the snugli is uncomfortable and cuts the circulation off in his legs
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Man, my son loved the Baby Bjorn - forward facing - until it hurt my back too much to carry him, around 20 lbs. (the weight limit is 25)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 2:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• As long as he is under the maximum weight for the carrier, go for it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Not weird, not at all. I am confused as to why you would think it might be weird. Do what feels right to you as a Mommy. You only have them, your little one, for a short time. Only you can make the decision that is right for you...No reason in my mind that it would be weird. It is a great way to be out and about when a stroller is cumbersome.
    Blessedinthenw

Answer by Blessedinthenw at 4:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Some snugglies can be worn on your back as a baby backpack too, you can find cheaper ones by enfantino at walmart and target, they go up to 35 pounds and work great, might be easier on your back too.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Well, if that makes you weird, i'm the queen of weird! I still wear my 13 month old. I have a Moby Wrap, so we have a lot of carrying options, but I prefer to use the back carry...makes my hands more accessible.

I think you should invest in something like a wrap instead of a snugli, but if it works for you, and you and baby are comfortable, then by all means, use it!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2009