Big girl bed

When did you start the transition out of crib into a big girl bed?

Dricha3140

Asked by Dricha3140 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• around 2 with our first. Actually we got her her big girl bed for her second birthday! We actually had our other child before 1 because she had slept in pack n plays due to us moving right after she came out of the hospital. We didn't want to buy another crib because they are so expensive and we were going to have to get another todler bed because the SB one we got was falling apart so to speak. She did really well in it. But we did put her in the crib when we moved. I think when we move again and get settled which will be shortly we will switch her to a big girl bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I've never used a crib but my daughter went into a big girl bed when she was about 16 months old. She got it for x-mas.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• my daughter made the switch around 18 months. my son is only 13 months and not ready for the switch.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• we got a toddler bed for our little one when she was 9months,but she sleeps with me at night and in her bed for naps,that way she can climb out of her bed and come out into the living room were we are.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My DD was 11mths and she loved her toddler bed. Now shes almost 3 and we just got her a twin size bed.
    Se-Se

Answer by Se-Se at 2:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It's not really how old they are it's if they can safely sleep in the bed. Like my son when he sleeps he is ALL over the place it's been like that since he was born but now since he's getting older it's calming down a little bit and I think by the time he is two he'll be able to sleep safely in a bed without a high side. Also I know that if he could get out of bed he would every ten seconds when we are supposed to be sleeping, so he wouldn't actually get any sleeping done. Do you think your daughter would lay in the bed without coming to get you every few minutes? and do you think she could safely sleep in a bed without you having to worry about her toppling onto her head in the middle of the night despite the railing?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Out of crib and into toddler bed at 20 months because her brother needed the crib. Into a twin bed around three because her brother needed the toddler bed!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 4:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2009