Honestly where do you find the time to do regular exercise?

I know this is going to come off as sounding like excuses but here it goes. I need to get my health in order. I am about 100+ over weight. I work full time, I have kids and dh works on call 24/7. We live in this rat race of a very fast pace society and life is hectic. I do make home cooked meals which is another challenge in todays world. Mental exhaustion over takes alot of my time. I wath about 2 hours of tv a week and am look for answers to lifes questions on the pc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I "dance, stretch, and move" when I'm doing chores. Turn on some music and get a groove going LOL. That's the only time I find time to exersize too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• try getting up 1hr and a 1/2 earlier. If you have a treadmill jump on it, if not take a walk in the neighborhood. Do yoga if that doesnt work. The Biggest Loser dvd is great. Do you live in Ga? I could buddy with you if you do.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I agree with chores and some music...10 mins a day of watever that makes u sweat that by itself is an excerse.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 1:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I use www.dailyfitplanet.com to keep active. I can do as little or as much as I want with new classes everyday. I used to use dvd's but found they get repetitive quickly and I stop using them....then I start gaining weight again. So far my membership has been worth its weight in gold!
    maurinew

Answer by maurinew at 6:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Do you have a Wii by any chance? The Wii Fit is a great way to get a basic workout in. It's not particularly advanced but if you're that overweight and not currently exercising at all it'll give you a good workout for a fair while. Even just the 3 minute hula hoop workout makes me break a sweat; I tried the 10 minute on the other night and it nearly killed me. I do 20-30 minutes while my hubby puts the boy to bed and if I do that daily I'm losing about 2lbs a week. There's a step program that you can do while watching TV which I do sometimes in the evening if the hubby is working late. I can do about 3500 steps in 30 minutes which is equivalent to walking almost 2 miles.

They're coming out with a new program in October which will be $20 for just the program if you already have the balance board or $100 with the board. I think the current program is $90 and only available with the balance board.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• We all have super busy lives without much movement. Drive here, sit there, drive back, work, work, work,. The advice given in the other replies are great. However, to jump start that weight lose try cutting out carbs and ALL sugars. Lots of water, veggies, fruits, lean meats. Healthy diet. Sometimes we are so rushed, we buy prepackaged food or fast food for the convenience.  Can't say I haven't done the same thing. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I thought about a Wii fit, but buy the time you buy the machine, the mat, the programs and new games that come out you could of had a 2 years worth of membership from the online gym I joined. I also decided that a game is just that. I would rather be trained by certified professionals. Daily Fit Planet .com is only $20/month. No machine, no games, no plastic board to stand on.
    maurinew

Answer by maurinew at 7:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009