Dammit...I shouldn't have called. What do I do?

I asked a question earlier and the responses were great but I was hoping to get that response that said "No! Don't call him! He was just saying that to get to you!" Well I just called and he's awake and sober, pretending like nothing happened. I am so tired of it...I can't do it anymore. I am work and now I am ready to cry...it sucks. I am so torn between letting him go and holding on. Would it be wrong of me to not answer his call tonight after calling today (that's if he calls). I don't want to discuss the fact that I can't do this anymore. I shouldn't have called because I don't want him to think its okay to get drunk, treat me like crap and then not call because he knows my stupid ass is going to be calling because the last thing he said was that he wasn't going to wake up. He is probably thinking "Hah, I got her right where I want her!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• yeah stupid egotistical men. I'm just at wits end with my husband and feeding his ego. Go on with your life, go where your're greatly appreciated and your talents are looked forward to.

shoulda woulda can't don't be me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Men are so not worth the emotional crap they put us through..my mental and physical health has been so compromised by the stupid choices I have made in men (ie: migraines, ulcers, and ultimately, high blood pressure, ptsd~!)...I won't do it anymore..if he isn't puttin a smile on your face and a song in your heart honey, drop him like a hot rock~!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It sounds like he said it to get your attention, to get under your skin worrying "what if", and most importantly to control you. This one is an ex for a reason... and you don't owe him anything. Don't take his call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It sounds like you already know the script to this play. Change the script if you want the outcome to be different.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Make yourself un-available.. the only way he will change is if he sees you are moving on without him ( that is if he truly wants you!)... If you quit calling ( esp. in the beginning).. spend time with friends, make yourself un-available even if you are available. Laugh and keep the convo's "Light" and not reveal too much... Let him think that because of his behaviour you aren't taking the relationship seriously anymore.. IT might push him to "chase you" again or change!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2009