I am in the mood to cook and I want to go to the store and get some ingredients but

I want something to make but nothing that will make me be in the kitchen for hours lol so anyone has any easy recipes?

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Have you ever had Brussels sprouts? I did for the first time yesterday and the way I made them are SO good... my hubby and kids loved it. Cut sprouts in half long ways, put them in a bowl and mix olive oil all over them. Add salt/pepper... mix them all around so the olive oil is all over the sprouts and put them in the oven at 400 for about 25 min. Kind of shake them every now and then. Keep an eye on them. they're done when there all a brownish color. SO GOOD! I couldn't stop eating them! I know its not a main course but its an easy side!

beka03

Answer by beka03 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Saute ground turkey with some BBQ sauce and fried onions and then wrap it in flattened and pinched together crescent roll dough with cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes until brown.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have alot of ideas what are you in the mood for?

How about stuffed mushrooms, these are super easy!

All you need is
    whole fresh mushrooms, about 8 of them
    can of crab meat
    mayo and shredded mozzerella cheese
    parsley

wash and pat dry mushrooms and remove stem to hollow out mushroom
    mix drained crab meat with 1/4 cup mayo, teaspoon parsley and a small amount of cheese
    add too the hollow mushroom and place mushroom on cookie sheet top with cheese, as much as you would like.
    Bake at 350 for maybe 8 to 10 minutes
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• baked chicken (light Italian dressing (marinate and bake) with broccoli and cheese (buy frozen in bag or fresh) and Rhodes makes restaurant dinner rolls (in whole wheat too). they are in the frozen section.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• bbq baked chicken
    arrange a cut up chicken in a baking dish, pour a full bottle of BBQ sauce over and cover with foil. bake at 350 for 1 hour.
    Yummy pork chops
    in a small mixing bowl mix: 3 tbsp ketchup, 3 tbsp worchestershire sauce, and 2 tbsp honey.
    in a baking dish arrange 4 - 6 pork chops and pour the sauce over. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 30 minutes.

I serve both with a green salad and veggie
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 5:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I serve this it over steamed broccoli (and I make double the sauce).
    Pasta and Tofu with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently.