How do you like this name for a girl?

Im due in a few weeks and so far our little princess will be named Leigha Snow. (Pronounced lay-ah) What do you girls think? My husband thought of snow for a middle name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well... it will NEVER be pronounced right, I will tell you that much. "Leigh" is pronounced like "Lee" when you see it. Yes, I can see how it could be "Lay" (like "Sleigh") but NOBODY will pronounce it that way. I dont see anything wrong with the name, I would just spell it differently
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Name is beautiful...but snow for middle name, no I dont think so.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 1:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think it's pretty, but I can see the potential for idiotic boys to tweek the name into something not so nice...like c'mon I wanna lay ya ..or something like that...men are so stOOpid, I wouldn't want my dd dealing with anything like that...jmo.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• no ... plz dont give that baby a middle name of white stuff that falls to the ground in mid winter :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yeah, i agree with Jaydin, I actually thought it was "lee" but then I saw your pronunciation of the name. I do see how it can be "LAY" like SLEIGH but.. yeah. Mispronounced a lot.
    i do like it, however, I'm just not into "snow"
    But it is your child, and if you, as parents, love it, then it should be regardless! :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• why not leia, like princess leia :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I actually really like the name, but would consider spelling it differently so she doesn't have to correct people her entire life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• thanks for the input so far ladies. I honestlty didnt know so many people pronounced "leigh" that way. Any ideas of other ways to spell it??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Laia or Laiah?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think the above posters spelling of Laiah is very pretty and feminine looking. or what about Layah? I dunno... something other than Leigha. The female spelling of Lee is Leigh so I dont think her name would ever be pronounced right. I would have said Lee-ah if I saw it.

Now that other ladies said the same thing... I dont like snow either:(
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009