Question about 3D ultrasounds...

I had an Ultrasound on friday. I was 23 weeks and 3 days. Well when the tech was done looking at his organs and stuff she showed him to us in 3D... She even printed us out a picture. Well in the picture his jaw is set back a lot. is that Normal for 23 weeks? is his jaw just not formed or is it something I should be worried about?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 1:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you would have to of asked the u/s tech or your doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• By 23 weeks they should be pretty much in proportion. Is it is jaw or his chin? It is possible to not have a chin, I dont know what its called but its a medical condition and is treatable with plastic surgery.

But... it could have been just a crappy picture
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I know if you have a 3d U/S done the pics can be really hard to get after 21 weeks. My friend's tech had to push hard to see babies eyes but the chin would disappear. If she didn't push hard she couldn't see the eyes at all. Ask the tech, but it's probably nothing to worry about.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009