Has anyone had symptoms of the period but found that u are pregnant? is it possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• its possible
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I had my monthly mood swing, felt bloated, broke out as usual... then tested positive and missed my period. Not sure if that's what your asking but I was sure I was about to start, I just never did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Ha! That's how I found out I was pregnant with my both of my younger kids. Seriously, I felt like I was about to start my period and the darn thing just wouldn't start, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• With my third pregnancy I had my period on the day I figured it was due but it was lighter than usual and that made me think a day later when I didn't bleed harder that I was pregnant.

So my light period was symptom of that pregnancy.

We can ovulate throughout our monthly cycles. I did that at times.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• The symptoms of pregnancy ARE those of getting one's cycle. It's that our bodies release the egg that is not used.... then the bleeding.

Of course you will get "pregnancy (pre-menstrual) symptoms" when pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• with my first pregnancy i had my "period' for three month!!
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 2:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LOL!! I thought I had my period, turns out it was implantation bleeding. I even had IB w/ DD but I was just sure that this was my period. Heck, I was so sure I drank alcohol that weekend (if I had just an inkling that I was pregnant, I would have taken a test). So, yeah, it's happens quite a bit.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 3:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• The day my period was supposed to come, I felt crampy and bloated and like my period was going to show any minute; I kept running to the bathroom to check if I needed to put in a pad. Nothing came, and the next day I got a positive test.

It's all hormonal. It has to do with the progesterone that's dominant in the second half of your cycle after ovulation, and also throughout pregnancy. That's why the symptoms are so similar, because they're caused by basically the same thing; and why you'll get a lot of (good) advice saying not to test until you actually miss your period, it'll save you a lot of money on tests that turned out to just be PMS.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I'm not totally sure what you're asking but I had all they period symptoms including pretty bad cramps for like 2 weeks and I kept thinking that I would get my period any day ( cuz I was TTC for over a year and nothing so I didn't think that month would be any different) but i just thought it wouldn't hurt to test and I did and I got a POS answer :) I never would have guessed since I felt like I was going start any day
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 11:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• thanks friends for ur valuable suggestions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009