best time to conceive?

My partner and I are doing home insemination this month, I know when my fertile week is but it is best to do it right at the beginning of that week or wait until the middle of the week? Has anyone used the ovulation predictor tests, are they accurate?

angelic_beauty_

Asked by angelic_beauty_ at 2:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i would say closer to the day you may ovulate for the better chance. and if you know the day than do it ON that day.
    can i ask a(nother) question? why do insemination and not just have sex?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• im a lesbian, my partner and I have a donor that we are getting sperm from.
    angelic_beauty_

Answer by angelic_beauty_ at 4:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You're most fertile in the 2-3 days before ovulation. OPK's do work well for a lot of women, but the biggest pitfall is in interpretation; it's only positive if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line, and progressively darker test lines don't mean that a positive is imminent in the next few days. If you have the money, the easiest way to go would be one of the digital tests that tells you for sure whether you're in your peak fertile period; it takes away the guesswork and makes it much less confusing. If you're using any kind of OPK, though, you want to do the insemination the first day you get a positive; waiting until the next day should be ok, but any longer than that and you're pushing your luck.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• thank you so much, that was very helpful
    angelic_beauty_

Answer by angelic_beauty_ at 11:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2009