If.. (for everyone) -- something fun

If god created the universe, who created God? I know silly question that has been asked a million times over.

I never could understand arguing the point of who created what first, or if there even is a who up there, since we really have no ABSOLUTE way of knowing for a fact.

So.. what's the most outrageous and/or silliest answer someone has provided you for this answer?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 2:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i remember once time recently, my son was saying his 'bless this/that' prayer at bedtime..and he said, 'thank you God for making the sun and the moon and my dog, annie...momma, who made God?" i said, ''well, i don't know for sure. i guess nobody.'' (ever try to get technical with a 4yo?? much less, discuss theology and doctrine with one??) he said, '' I KNOW!! think, think, think..his momma made him!"
    ..and there ya have it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• For me... I was at this event for the 4th of July, waiting in line for the bathroom. This women started talking to me about men and women, which flipped to talking about how God created the planets to represent "his seeds".. and his wife created Eve. When I asked her what religion she was, she told me she was a Christian It was the most outrageous thing I ever heard.. it took everything in me not to laugh. (not at the fact that she was a Christian, but at her mutilation of the Christian stories of their creator).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It's obvious- the flying spaghetti monster created god and also itself.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 2:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• "God was ALWAYS there!"

Okay, well...why did he create the universe? He couldn't have been bored or lonely, because as a perfect being, he would always be in a loving happy mood. Why did he create Adam and Eve when he knew that they would deceive him? Yeah yeah, free will and all...but if he supposedly knew that they would eat off the tree and would doom human beings for all time, why would he be so cruel? No loving parent would put their children in danger like that. It's like giving your toddler a lit match and and saying, "Now it's your choice to set yourself on fire or not. You have free will. If you do it, it's not my fault."
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• OH, and I concur, the FSM created everyone.

(RAMEN.)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i'm not sure you'll get many real 'odd' responses from those who believe in God, jess. but it will be interesting to check back on later...
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• God didn't have to be created. He just was. No, we don't know how,we aren't meant to know how,but He was,and that's enough for those of us who believe,and have no need to know every teensy weensy little bitty thing about Him. As for me, I know enough,and figure the rest will be answered when I get to Heaven. If not, oh well, I will be too busy worshipping Him, to care anyway.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Oh,sorry I didn't read the rest of the question, should have. I haven't really had any way out there, or wacky answers to it,to be honest. I haven't spent alot of time worrying about it to be truthful,so I don't go around asking it very often,as I said in the previous post, I just take it on faith that He was always here and, that's enough for me.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• that all of this just came to be. that there was not a need for God until man created God.

My theory is if we are just animals like all the rest of them why haven't monkeys performed open heart surgery or made a rocket ship to leave this planet. This intelligence we have is a gift not a fluke of nature

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Watch the "The Truth Project" By Tackett.. and He has a whole service on "Who Is God" Its Christian but wow does he explain it to the core
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 5:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2009