mirena

can u still get pregnant with mirena? i know it has a speracide it in..but ive heard storys

liltexchick

Asked by liltexchick at 2:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of the Mirena having a spermacide in it and I had it!! Yes, you can get pregnant but more often than not, the pregnancy will be ectopic because the sperm can get in to the fallopian tube but not the uterus
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• u can get knocked up on anything!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i have the pamplet and it said it has a speracide in it, i also asked my dr if i still need to use another form of BC such as a condom, and they said no, cuz of the speracide
    liltexchick

Answer by liltexchick at 2:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I used the mirena for 5 years, and never got pregnant. I never use another BC. But this was me, and not you, and everyone is different, so i guess it could be possible. But i think it's more unlikely than say using a condom or the pill. I personally have never heard of anyone getting pregnant while using the Mirena, but i guess it's possible. What is the point of having the mirena if you are gonna use another form of birthcontrol? I think it's unnessesary.
    smadar

Answer by smadar at 3:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2009