Eyeliner help?

Does eyeliner go above the bottom lashline or below. If I put it below, it looks very heavy even when I smudge it and within a couple hours I look like a raccoon! If I put it above, the moisture from my eyes makes it wear off quickly. Help!

emnasmom

Asked by emnasmom at 2:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You actually apply it below. If you are using liquid, go ahead and apply it, then carefully use a q-tip to fix the line. It will look very smooth then.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I put my eye liner as close to my eye as I can lol. So on the bottom part of my eyes I put it above the lashes and on the top part of my eye I put it as close to under as I can get. It takes some getting used to. I reapply as needed on the bottom part. I have to reapply my eyeliner like 3 times a day. My mom puts her eyeliner under her lash line on the bottom part of her eye and I think it looks funny. btw I use dry eye liner on bottom and wet on top.
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I use Avon GLimmerstick eyeliner...by far the best liner i have bought...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:00 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• all right, so if youre using liquid liner you need to put it under the lashes but as close to the lashes as possible.
    if youre using a pencil you should put it IN the waterline (above the lashes) and blink a couple times then reapply it. take the pencil and barely rub it INTO your lash line then take a q tip or smudger brush and smudge it some.
    when using shadow liner put it in your lash line and smere it as much or as little as you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKZjFjk3EY0

he has a GREAT tutorial on eyeliner! he smudges the liner ALOT and of course if you use less eyeliner then you wont have so much to smudge out.
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 10:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Put concealer and powder under your eyes. Then use a gel based or liquid liner and apply with a fine brush and immediately after smudge with a q tip or similar device. MAC makes a good waterproof/smudgeproof one and it lasts forever so it's worth the money.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I also use glimmersticks from avon they rock i go above the lash on bottom and top.
    it stays on most of the day i would only have to reapply for the evening. i will admit on very hot humid days it can run but thats only if im outside alot.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 11:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• If you line your bottom lid you are supposed to apply it to the water line. Pull your bottom lid out slightly and apply behind the lashes. I sell Avon and have been using the Glimmersticks liners for years and have no smudging or wearing down through out the day and I'm a contacts wearer. You might even try the waterproof version! www.youravon.com/dhullum if you'd like to try it use coupon code fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2009