What do you feed your preschooler for breakfast?

I have a 3 year old dd and she just started preschool. I get her up around 7 she has to be at school by 8:30 she is not a big breakfast eater. Some days she'll eat it and some days she wont. What does everyone feed their kids? She gets rice krispies with a lil sugar, or oatmeal with raisins(yes she likes it), sometimes and egg with cheese, or a yogurt. Share your breakfast foods that you feed your little munchkins here!

Luv2BeaMOM513

Asked by Luv2BeaMOM513 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• usually cheerios or eggo waffles here. Sometimes my DS doesn't want to eat breakfast before we have to leave for school so then I take a granola bar and he eats it on the walk to school.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 2:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I babysit my 19 mos old granddaughter, and I am genuinely happy to get her to eat anything. She is getting in her back teeth and just doesn't want to eat anything. She'll drink just fine. So, my daughter has been giving her breakfast and a carnation instant breakfast in milk with it. This way, at least she is getting some nourishment.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Usually he has some whole grain toast with Earth Balance spread or hummus or a bowl of Weetabix. Sometimes he has a MacMuffin which is a whole grain english muffin topped with a slice of tofu fried in a little Earth Balance and topped with ketchup. He's also a big fan of savory stuff for breakfast like a grilled cheese or a soft bean taco.

Basically I try to get a whole grain and a protein in to him each morning like cereal and soy milk, toast with hummus, or corn tortilla and beans. He doesn't generally eat much fruit in the morning, prefers to eat that as a snack, but he'll eat a banana in the car if we're running late for preschool.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Bananas, apples with peanut butter, cereal, cold pizza, hard boiled eggs, graham crackers. homemade hot chocolate. milk that has the breakfast powder in it. cold waffles (usually for lunch she doesn't like fresh, warm waffles, weird) . popsicles.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 3:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Cereal with toast
    waffles
    oatmeal
    pancakes
    french toast
    scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage/bacon

They also have their choice of fruit and milk.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My dd is only 20 months old, but she loves her breakfast. Scrambled eggs and toast is her fave. Sometimes she'll ask for cereal, and she'll get Crispix, Fruit Loops, or Cheereos, and sometimes if I have time I'll fix pancakes, or biscuits and gravy with bacon or sausage. She'll eat just about anything though.
    AHamrick

Answer by AHamrick at 7:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• my child is really picky and if he refuses to eat i makes sure i give him his nutripals.and a fruit
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 8:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My daughter is picky too. I found these cinnabun bars at Target and they have become her favorite thing to eat. Taste just like a Cinnabun that you get at the mall. She sometimes will have poptarts, cereal, frozen pancake or waffle, toast or a granola bar.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yogurt and fruit usually. Sometimes cereal.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• When mine were that little, they loved waffles or pancakes (I would make them up a head of time and freeze to reheat later), cold cereal, oatmeal and leftovers from the night before.
    They're older now, and love the same things, though.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 8:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009