The change on Dec 21 2012

My DH found this online and I find it very interesting. Thought some of you might find it interesting too.
Does this explain anything? Will there be a change? Or the end of the world? What do you think?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 3:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it's silly. The Mayans didn't believe in end-of-the-world theories. Every time something "ended", it had to do with a new beginning as well. They thought in terms of their society and culture. 12/21/12 was going to be the birth of a new age of englightenment and such.

But I kinda refuse to follow people who sacrificed their own and worshiped the sun. They also couldn't forsee their own demise by the hands of the Spanish. Something is fishy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think they are one day off! Seriously... my birthday is December 7th which is Pearl Harbor Day. My sister's birthday is September 11th, which is the anniversary of the Terrorist attack and my brother's birthday is DECEMBER 22. If the end of the world was going to happen, it will be on HIS BIRTHDAY and not the day before!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I dont think it is the end of the world . The bible says it will come like a theif in the night.
    So I highly doubt GOD would let man "guess" the day .
    We will never know when the end of tthe world will come.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think the Mayans were very good at observing the cosmos so I believe that at the time they created their calendar something big (not the end of the world) was in the works for 12-21-12. Whether or not that is still the case is hard to say, a lot has happened since than that might have effected that. If something disasterous happens it will probably be the result of a self-fulfilled prophecy (someone choses to do something big because the date is supposed to be important). But it might be something small, that we don't realize for a few years actually had a big impact & started a major shift - hopefully for the better.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Well, I don't know for sure if it's the end or not,but honestly, it will be if that is when GOD has decided. It will end ONLY when He is ready,and not one second before.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• we shall see if the world is still here on DEC 22 2012 won't we? Anyone remember the scare when it was 1999 and everyone just knew the world would be in chaos because of the turn of the century to 2000

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• See, I think it's just plain silly to believe that is when the world will end. Who's to say why that is when the calender stopped. Maybe they just coulnd't see that far ahead. Maybe they got whipped out before they could finsh. Or maybe We are reading it wrong to begin with.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Jesus didnt know, he said only the father knows when this system will end, so how can common man know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Only God the Father knows when it is going to happen, and firstly ALL the prophecies need to happen. Not even Christ knows when it is going to happen only God knows and its not something we will ever be able to figure out!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 4:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2009