Percentile? My twins are below?

I really didnt understand how my twins can be under weight, they are always eating food here n there , especially three meals a day n 8oz of formula.. Since they are abt to be 12 months, i give as much solid food they can handle... Is there anyway i can boost up the weight without over feeding them food ?

blssdwittwns930

Asked by blssdwittwns930 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give them real food instead of baby food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• ask the doctor about pediasure. At my son's 1 yr apointment he was only 17 pounds(1 pound gain from 9 months) the doctor said to try pediasure to replace 1 of his bottles each day.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• What you need to make sure of is that they are proportional. My kids are always under the 50th percentile in height and weight but they are proportional. Because my ex and I are small, that is to be expected.
    If they really are underweight, you need to look into how to get more fat into their diets. My dd was quite underweight at one check up and I was told to give her a lot of whole milk, mac and cheese/pasta roni made with whole milk and ice cream. I drew the line at the ice cream, but it helped and she got up to a more proportional weight to her height.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 4:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Did the doctor say that they needed to gain more weight?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I hate those stupid charts all they do is freak mom's out if their kids don't make the cut.

What matters is that they are growing at a steady rate.

I have a 10 year old who is small for his age his 5 year old brother is almost the same size.
    Dr. said no to worry because he has grown at a steady rate so nothing to worry about.
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My oldest was on the small side too, and for years it used to freak me out. I was always worried about her weight and what she ate, and people told me she looked smaller than her age. Then I got a new doctor, and when I asked him about her weight he simply said: "is she sitting in the corner of the room and not participating"? "does she look lethargic"? "Is she always tired or sleeping"? I answered no to all of his questions and saw his point. As long as your kids are healthy, happy, eating, participating in the day and so on, then don't worry about it.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It sounds gross but my sons doc recommended liquid margarine (not spray) on noodles, veggies, ect. will do the trick. Im still experimenting, so no answer for ya right now.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:29 AM on Sep. 7, 2009