In most cases, morning sickness does not last further than the 3rd month. But sometimes it does and there are some ways of trying to cope with it.
1. Eat several small meals a day.
2. Avoid caffeine, sweets and greasy foods, as they only aggravate an upset stomach/bowels.
3. Ginger ale ( pretty much anything with a small amount of ginger ) helps you feel less nauseated.
4. Vitamin B supplements ( perfectly safe to take during pregnancy ) convert food into energy and will help you feel more energized and less drained.
5. Bland food like toast w/ no spread, saltine crackers, small non-greasy snacks will help lessen the nausea as well.
Good luck momma! :) Hang in there. It will all be worth it, I promise ;)
at 3:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009