Bleeding at 38 weeks.

I am 38weeks 2 days. I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was blood. I wiped 3 more times and there was more blood - bright red. I am having no contractions or pain. It is not like mucos, just red blood. It's like the start of a period. What could this be?
Is it normal??

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be very normal, but I'm going to tell you to call your doc anyway. I had the same thing with my first and it was normal.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• And I was going in to labor, please call tho, and don't worry about it being nothing. The end of a pregnancy is an uncertain time, I was in labor with my third and didn't realize it because the contractions weren't intense or getting closer together.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• If you just had an exam It's possible to bleed. Just to be sure though call your OB/Gyn
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009