1) season the filets with anything you like (don't forget salt & pepper)
2) Preheat oven to 425
3) get a oven-safe sautee pan REALLY hot
4) Put a little oil in the pan and then filets. This is called searing. You want to sear each side for a few mintues.
5) Put the sautee pan & filets in oven to finish the inside. This will take maybe 5-10 minutes in the oven, depending on how thick the steaks are. Make sure to check the temperature before pulling it out. Medium rare is 145 degrees.
6) LET IT REST. This will redistribute the juices in the steaks.
at 9:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2009