Cigarettes

I'm breastfeeding my one month old haven't smoked since I found out I was pregnant but I live with my parents and I have been stressed lately they always tell me how to raise my baby blah blah but anyway would it hurt to smoke one dig today if I give her a bottle the feeding after

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just don't do it. You have been free for so long why waste all that you have worked for. Get busy, go for a walk, chew some gum, brush your teeth...do anything to keep from smoking. It isn't about one cigarette, it is about the rest of your life...do you want to be a slave to such a smelly nasty habit?
    Please try to push past the cravings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Dont smoke. Its nasty. Be glad that you quit!!!!!! Find a different way to handle your stress! Do you want to stink like smoke? Your clothes? Your baby? Your babies clothes??

Its gross. You're saving money in the long run by not smoking! Save your money and find a place to live-smoking is not a priority right now-forget about it!
    Anonymous

• I am anon :16... I was a smoker, but quit when I was preggo with my first. It was damn hard and I wanted to smoke again, but thinking about my baby's health convinced me to quit for good. I have been smoke free for 10 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Coming from someone who gave into that craving not long after my baby was born, don't do it. One becomes two, two becomes three, and so on and so forth. If baby needs to nurse after you have smoked, the nicotine in your breastmilk will make the baby fussy and that will just make the whole situation worse. Having a cigarette now may seem like it will help, but I promise it will case more grief than relief. Find some way to push through the craving. You will be happier if you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I quit smoking when I was prego with my son and started again when he was 3 months old. DO NOT START. I said I just needeed one but pretty soon you're a smoker again. I am pregnant again and will not start smoking again once baby #2 is here. It's so much easier once you've been quitted for a while. Just ignore them, it's your baby.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• lol hun asking a question like that on HERE there's gonna be a bunch of hard headed NOs but there is no harm in having ONE cigg a few hours or more before you breastfeed..... just make sure you take a shower change your clothes and drain a bit before feeding her and she'll be okie dokie if you have that book "what to expect while expecting" it says the same thing in there and in my childhood dev class and book it says the one cig a day wont harm the baby or milk bbuuutt if the baby can taste the difference in your milk or smell it on you it CAN cause them to wean themselfs from you early.. aka not take to your milk...
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 2:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2009