Should I pull him out?

My 16 month old started MDO on Tuesday. It is Tuesdays and Thursday. Since Tuesday he has been fussy way more than usual. Then today we came to his grandparents who have kept him a few times over night. He would go to any of them and he usually does. I think he's has abandonment issues.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I meant not go to any of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• What is MDO?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Mother's Day Out. It's like a preschool program.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• mdo = mothers day out.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think that is about the right age to go through that fear of "where's mommy" when they are used to being around you. attachement issues. and it's normal. keep taking him, he should get uesd to it.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• What is he like when he leaves you?

If you think he isn't ready then I would pull him out. I never leave my son anywhere unless he is perfectly fine.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• He'll get over it. I did that with my son and let me tell ya it made me a better parent to just "get away" for a while.
    Hang in there ma ma!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• We have not gone through the "abandonment phase" with my 15 month old. Although he has also been in daycare since he was 4 months. I would suggest that you continue to take him. Hopefully he'll get used to it. After a few weeks, re-evaluate and make a decision. If he is still having issues, then maybe he isn't ready.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I work at a daycare in the toddler room, and we have never had a child who did not eventually adjust. By all means, make sure it is a program well suited to his needs and personality. Give him small tokens of you to help ease his anxiety. But, we can all benefit from a bit of time to ourselves. Plus, a lot of children who are a bit more reserved, once they go through the adjustment period, are more outgoing afterwards. By best friend's daughter was like that. But if you ever have a feeling that you should take him out, by all means, follow your instincts.
    kiki2780

Answer by kiki2780 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2009