HELP! Where to shop for a an 11 year old girl who is still a tomboy?

My soon to be a 11 year old girl is struggling to find her style, she has always been a tomboy and doesn't like all the girly things in the store. I'm about to lose my mind trying to find things for her to wear, any help would be appreciated.

Shel3

Asked by Shel3 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• both my girls like PacSun and Urban Outfitters. Those are juniors stores, so things may be a little big or too grown up. You could also try Vans, Tillys, or The Converse Store, which are mainly skate or shoe stores that carry very casual skate-inspired stuff. You could also try deparment stores like Kohls or Macys that have lots of variety. Hope this helps!
    LeviM

Answer by LeviM at 4:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Take her to the mall, give her some money, and let her go see what she can find that she does like :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I would let her shop in the boy department. They have lots of cute things that aren't to boyish.
    lisama

Answer by lisama at 10:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Hot Topic is another one. Spencers has some stuff.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Thrift stores are not only cheap but will give her lots of options!! I have a dd the same age and a tomboy as well!!..I agree that the boy section is a good place also!!..They have some really cool shirts!..I find myself getting shirts in the mens section!!
    valentine14

Answer by valentine14 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Old Navy or Gap.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My DD who is often the best dressed tomboy on the block finds a lot of stuff at Target. She can get a cute top, which isn't totally girly and some longer, sporty shorts. She'll also wear capri jeans or steal her older brother's shorts. Skirts, dresses, only if we require it of her.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009