If you knew?

If you knew that the companies that supply vaccines abused animals, committed patient fraud so a generic brand could not be supplied, were accused of boosting its short-term monopoly profit by not increasing production of the anti-AIDS drug, hence creating a shortage that affected many AIDS patients in Africa, and defied the World Health Organization and some of its corporate peers by ruling out a donation to the poor of vaccines to counter the latest flu pandemic, and saying developing nations or donor nations should cover the costs.

Would you trust them to vaccinate your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.maketradefair.com/en/index.php?file=a2m_main.html
    http://www.ft.com
    http://www.ag.ca.gov/newsalerts/release.php?id=1279
    http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/301003/worldwide_shortage_of_glaxos_aids_drug_azt_alarms_patients_advocates/index.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• And what is the rest of the story?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• And what is the rest of the story?
    There is no story, these are the things I have found while researching the companies that are producing the H1N1 vaccine for the U.S.
    OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• @@
    Anonymous

• 4:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Maybe I am not up to date but what does @@ mean?
    OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• IDK. I think people have lost their fear of deadly diseases.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Politics aside, I'd rather my children be vaccinated--the pros outweigh the cons, and I KNOW we are only hearing the anti-vax agenda driven side of the story! I have no doubt what the OP is spewing is how she and people who think like her see things!

Whatever articles you are reading, are likely ALSO slanted to their agendas--so, again, we're not getting the whole story of WHY there are shortages, WHY I should be concerned over lab animals, WHY W.H.O is taking a hard lined approach to vax costs, etc. There are always two sides to every story--the truth often lies somewhere in between!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I vaccinate my kids because there are a lot of preventable killer diseases and afflictions. Would you rather your kid die from Polio? Whooping cough?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I delayed vax, and I selectively vax. I actually got my kids the flu shot this year, since both started at a new school. My ped does not feel comfortable with the swine flu vax, feels it is rushed. I agree. We won't be getting it. The pro vax community can say all they want about the crazy non vaxers (and there are some!) but I researched, and made a decision with my DH that he and I feel comfortable with, and my ped totally supports. Her words were along the lines of "If you have done your homework, and have reasons other than the autism concern, and are not frothing when you talk to me, I have no problem supporting your decision. You obviously care about your kids, and you are doing what you feel best for them"

Nevertheless, I am really glad they are cautious about the swine flu vax.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 6:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

If you watched your child lay in a coma from one round of vaccinations and then when he woke up he was a different child you would feel differently. 12k kids have adverse reactions to the vaccinations each year in America there are very few pros to taking vaccines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2009