What home remedy have you used for acne that worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Health

• The best thing I used for acne was drinking lots and lots of water and giving up fried foods. I went to doctors and tried over the counter products and when I changed my eating habits and started drinking lots of water (giving up soft drinks) it was amazing.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• when I have a big pimple I put a dab of tooth paste on it and go to sleep and in the morning the reddness is gone and its less noticeable
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• After washing with a mild facial soap, I use a toner that I buy from the grocery store with witch hazel as a main ingredient. Seems to do very well and is relatively inexpensive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• baking soda~wet your face really well with hot water, dry your hands then scoop up a little baking soda out (i keep mine in a glad container) add a little water to the baking soda that's in your hand so it turns into a paste and rub it on your face, rub it in for a minute or two then rinse with cool water.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• peroxide
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Zinc is another popular home remedy for acne. A couple of research studies have found that zinc is somewhat effective. While it was more effective than a placebo, antibiotic medication was still more effective. In light of this, it may not be the best option when scarring is a possibility.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009