SAHM with infants

My son is 4months old. Hes starting to do more [crawl/scoot, roll, & plays with his fav toys] but he gets bored easy being home all day. We got for walks alot, but what do you guys do all day with your kiddos?! btw, im home all day with no car, so it has to be something around the house!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When babies that young get bored just take them into a 'new' room. that used to help my dd. It was different stuff to look at and try and get. also what I used to do with my dd is take some of her toys and put them away for a week or so and then switch out toys at the end of the week, she thought she was getting new toys all the time.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Sing and dance! My daughter loved (and still does) to dance to music. All I have to do is put in her favourite CD and she could listen to it for hours (she's almost 6 mos.) I also go for walks with her a lot, read her some Dr. Suess books, and the 'new' room thing works for her too. She likes the kitchen...not sure why :-) If you're close to a library, my daughter liked to just look around the kids section. I do the same thing with switching out the toys. Sometimes, I watch PBS Kids with her if she's really fussy...
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• hey i have a 9month old and i pretty much just dance around and play music and she loves it..where r u located?
    claireanddan08

Answer by claireanddan08 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i play hide and seek,like when he isnt looking,pull a blanket over u and say wheres moma.we also watched the wiggles when my lil one was that age.i let her play with a cardbord toliet paper roll,big plastic spoon, just let him touch smell and taste different stuff around the house.u can also start working on colors and counting to,they say babies can count early way befor they can read
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2009