Fat pregnant bellies and the jeans that make them look worse...

Hi everyone. Here is my plight. I had sex the other day, and DH did not pull out. In fact, he stayed there for an especially long time until I finally had to push him off of me to catch a breath. (sorry if TMI). I wasn't planning to get pregnant...but I checked every ovulation predictor along with my cervical mucus and past cycles and this occured on a very fertile day. This does not guarantee I am pregnant, I know this. However, both other times I EVER had full on unprotected sex on a fertile day I DID get pregnant. I will be happy if I am...except... I was SOOO looking forward to buying cute winter clothes this year! My cousin recently told me about some maternity pants that don't look like they are...but they stretch similar to panty hose and then shink back up in the wash. Making them great for 3 months til the end. Is this true? Give me hope! I HATED my maternity clothes last time (continued below)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Look at oldnavy.com. They have real waist maternity clothes, which look more like regular clothes. I ordered some capri's from there and you'd never know they were maternity clothes. Only thing I got a medium and they're a little too big but they're comfy.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Something about that thick blue band (can they not TRY and find a color that matches the rest of the pant???). And my shirts were equally as horrid. I did not spend money on nice stuff because I figured I'd not use them anymore afterward and I was pregnant so why try and look nice when I felt like crap? Well, looking like a mess made me feel more like crap and this time I can afford nicer stuff. So...where do you ladies shop? What are ur fave brands and types of clothes? What accentuates the round belly without making it look equally as wide? What is great for comfort? I'm gonna save up the money and look my best this time and take time for ME so maybe this one is more enjoyable. PS...if I am not already pregnant, we were going to ttc soon... so any info would be great for future reference so i have time to budget how much this wardrobe could cost me. Hee.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i loved my maternity clothes from old navy. i got some khakis that iused for work that were really cute.
    i plan on making my tops and dresses this time around (w the help of my super sewing mom and her fancy sewing machine lol) so the only thing i'll need to buy is pants.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 5:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Honestly, my fav jeans were from TARGET. I had an expensive Pea in the Pod pair, and they absolutely shredded after I wore them twice and they were horrible about their "no return" policy and they wree obviously defective. I still have the Target ones, wore them through 2 pregnancies, and I still have them "just in case". They were sooooo comfortable, even after my C/S.
    babynurse244

Answer by babynurse244 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think the ones that your cousin was talking about are the secret fit belly ones from motherhood. they are the ones I wear and for right now, 22 weeks, I fold the belly part down a little to where it's comfy but they can go all the way over the belly for later. they are pretty comfy and they come with a nude or blue stretchy part. I even saw a white pair that had the white band, but I don't like white pants. I paid 20 for capris and 25 for jeans. they work pretty great for me
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2009