buying a new flat iron today

any ideas for good brands under $50? I'm going to sally beauty supply in 45 mins after my show is over :p

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 5:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• also if you want a good quality iron that isnt going to brake in a few months you might have to pay a little more
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• well I have a chi pink dazzle. its kinda over your price budget, but i love it.
    I got my first chi back in 7th grade and I just now had to get a new one(Im almost 19 now) and I went to ebay and got it for 75$.thats freaking cheap!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yeah chi's are freaking expensive!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have a babyliss nano titanium flat iron and I LOVE IT!! They are expensive as well but you get what you pay for. I got my flat iron from amazon.com so it didn't cost as much. Also try beautychoice.com they have tons of flat irons to choose from.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• the one i have at home..i can't remember the brand('tool' something), but its red and was about $55. ceramic plates, get hot as chi. i have chi @ the salon...it was tax-deductible for shop expenses..hehe.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Also sally's has a generic version of the chi. It's called GVP ceramic flat iron. Here's a link of some reviews on that iron.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/gvp-flat-iron/GVP01,default,pd.html?cgid=
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have generic version of chi GVP) and it works just as good. I have had two chis and they both broke so i went cheap this time.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 7:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009