Is it normal to bleed during five weeks pregnant?

I am five and a half weeks preg and started bleeding some a day ago. Been to the er and was diagnoised wid threatened pregnancy. Is there anyone who has been in this situation and had a full term pregnancy? I have no pain at all and nothing seems abnormal to me but the bleeding. Will go for an u/s tues.

majones1328

Asked by majones1328 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the threatened pregnancy diagnosis at 12 weeks.
    I had dark/old blood with one wipe, and the next it was mixed with bright red blood. I don't know if it's related - none of the docs know why, but I went into preterm labor at 22 weeks.
    At 5 weeks, however, I did have "spotting" but it was strictly old blood, and very minimal.

Good luck to you!!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Not sure what "threatened pregnancy" means, as there are risks involved with every pregnancy. Maybe you are high risk? Spotting is normal and very common in the first trimester.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 5:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009