Food poisoning and pregnant

I contracted food poisoning during our move, my husband as well, his is no where near as bad as mine, I am only able to keep food down for four hours almost on the dot.

My Dr said to eat something light and let my body get what nutrients it can for my baby and I, has anyone else been through this and what did you find that would actually stay down?

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 5:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did my regular vitamins and if I honestly couldn't - a slim fast or something equivalent to it.
    And I'd sip on it slowly - through the span of like.. an hour or so.

I also had a bit of cough drops.. for some reason, the menthol and whatnot soothed my urges to puke until my eyes popped out of my head, and soothed my raw throat and just overall settled my stomach down.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• try those carnation instant breakfasts. and like grilled or steamed chicken and green beans or snap peas. butter and toast.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2009