is labor day a secular holiday, or does it have xtian roots?

ROFL! J/K!!!!
actually, i'm just bored silly. my dh/ds went to the park a couple hours ago, i've watched the neighbor's grandson mow my front yard, cleaned the bathrooms, laundry, 'window-shopped' a fave online catalog, and am on my third glass of crystal lite. what is everyone doing this 'holiday' weekend, seeing as they aren't here on CM?!?!

(i know there will be really good Q&A during the day this week while i'm at the salon, or tonight, after i'm in bed....that's just my luck! lol)

thehairnazi

Asked by thehairnazi at 5:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sheesh! I was gonna say....

The human kids are off doing their own teen-ager-y things, and I am trying to dress inch and half high Daisy Girl Scouts and some Halloween critters. But every time I get going, a Feline-American jumps in my lap. I predict someone is going to end up with a glue gun attached to their tail or up their butt before it's over with...but it won't be the first time. And it probably will not be the last.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Darn, and I was all ready to do some research for this question, LOL. It's pretty quiet at our house too...I've mostly been getting some housework done and reading. I hope the rest of your day is good...same for everyone else!
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Would you like to come clean my house ;)
    smadar

Answer by smadar at 6:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• no it has pagan root - don't you know all holidays have pagan roots... ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• it was the only way to get a day off before labor unions came along
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Don't be ridiculous anon:10, it's only the christian holidays that have pagan roots. Most other religions came up with their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2009