Is bisexuality a dealbreaker?

Would you date a bisexual man? If you found out your man was bisexual, how would that affect your relationship?

Would it make a difference whether he was currently participating in sex acts with men or just used to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I would break up with him in a instant if I found out he used to be bi-sexual...that is just nasty!

Definitely a dealbreaker for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• yeah, i wouldnt be able to be with a bisexual man. its bad enough to think your SO finds other girls attractive, but also other guys! plus, it would just freak me out to think he ever had a penis in his mouth or butt. i have NOTHING against gay people. but i dont want to date or have sex with them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Either way it would Definitely be a dealbreaker!!!
    TizChristina

Answer by TizChristina at 5:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I wouldnt date a bi sexual man, but if that was something he used to do and realized that was not Gods will and overcame that sin then why would i hold that against him? homosexuality is a sin just like stealing tho they are quite different, but if i used to be addicted to drugs and i found God in the mix and stopped drugs i would hope noone would not date or marry me of my past cause i would be changed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I like men who only like women, so I probably wouldn't date a bi-sexual. But to me the issue of your question is that he would go outside the relationship....doesn't matter if he's doing another woman, a man, an ostrich for that matter....if he's outside the relationship....he's out.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I've dated bi sexuals but have not met one that I like well enough to form a long term relationship with. I don't think it's over the bisexuality though, it just didn't work out.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i married a bi sexual man and im bi sexual as well but we only sleep with each other with the occasional swinging , works great for us.. those that judge should be shamed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• as long as he could not act on it then yes i would
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I'm not a homophobe or a religious nut so no, I'd have no problem dating a bi-sexual man. My husband is bi-sexual and he dated a couple of guys before we met. It bothers me a bit when we see one of his ex-boyfriends but not anymore than it bothers me when we see an ex-girlfriend, it's never nice to think of your husband getting busy with someone else!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think it would depend on if it bothered you. Does it bother you, or are you afraid of what others will think of you? Can you deal with the fact that he is attracted to men as well as woman? Is it a serious realtionship between you all or is this just casual dating with each of you dating other people as well? Do you think he could possibly be someone you could spend the rest of your life with? I think if you are both comfortable in the relationship then it doesn't really matter. It sounds as if you have the isue with it and not him. Maybe you need to think about it for a while. He was honest with you, now you need to be honest with yourself. Can you handle it?
    smadar

Answer by smadar at 6:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2009