Mashed Potatoes?

My daughter is 5 months old. She eats baby food and oatmeal in her bottles. Before anyone says anything I don't care what you have to say about the food or the oatmeal. Doctors orders. But I sent her with my grandparents to my Aunts for a picnic today and they fed her mashed potatoes. Is that okay? They were made with milk and they had cheese in them. What do you guys think?

Should I keep an eye on her?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 6:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She should be fine. My MIL gave my dd a lot of things b4 I was ready to give them to her. Got pissed at her when I found out, but dd was fine.
    AHamrick

Answer by AHamrick at 6:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• shes fine both of my kids ate potatoes at that age
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Well, the only concern is she might have that milk allergy - so keep an eye to see if she's reacted to it. But chances are, if she hasn't yet, then she's fine.
    My son ate mashed potatoes at that age too.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• jar food in her bottles?? and umm mashed potatoes are fine... they can have baby yogurt 2, milk is just to hard to digest unlike yogurt and that is easier to digest.. but i must admit ive never heard of dr's orders to put jar food in a bottle.. ive heard cereal for GERD.. thats a new one though
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• She is fine, your grandparents have raised a child or two and should know what they are doing as should your Aunt. There have been alot of things change over the years, but feeding a baby isn't one of them.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it. I bet she loved them!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Baby food in the bottles? ICK. Cereal in the bottle I've heard of..but baby food? Just never heard of that. I hope whatever reason the doctor has ordered that is short lived, she gets better and she can start eating it with a spoon!!

Watch her and don't introduce any new foods for a few days just to be sure. More thank likely she'll be fine, especially if she's taking a milk based formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I mean she eats baby food with a spoon and cereal in her bottles.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 6:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• If she can have baby food, I dont think she needs the cereal in the bottle. Is it for bad reflux or something?
    I guess that wasn't the question you were asking.
    I wouldnt personally give mashed potatos with milk and cheese. I have given my 6mo plain mashed potato before though.

Also my grandma gave her a scoop of strawberry yogurt afew weeks ago when I wasn't looking and I almost lost it on her
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• She should be fine, but watch her in case she has a reaction to the milk. But it's probably just a small amount of milk, when you really think about it, so it should be fine.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009