preterm labor

I am 30weeks pregnant with my second child. I just had sex 4 1/2 hours ago and about 10 minutes after i had sex i started having contractions. I didnt pay them much attention cause i know sperm can cause contractions that go away. But I have been having them ever since. They hurt in my abdomen, lower back and in my legs down to my knees. I change postions and they hurt the same. I tried a shower and bath and that didnt help. I also feel alot of pressure in my vagina when i stand and when i pee. I also get an erge to push after i pee. I just moved out of state so i havent got a obgyn yet. But i am not sure what to do. I dont want to be worried for nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt worry. how far apart are they? how long do they last? if you start to feel like you are in active labor, i would go into the emergency room. try to stay calm and take it easy.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• well I always say better safe than sorry, and a close friend of mine did go into preterm labor at 32 weeks. although the were able to stop it and she had him safely yesterday at 37 weeks 3 days. So I would personally go to the hospital and see what they say...its better then having the baby come too early.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 6:54 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Call Labor and Delivery they will tell u what to do.. they may want u to come in to get checked better to be safe then sry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i would go to Land D and just have them check you just to make sure everything is still ok
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 6:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• agree with the others start timing them before you call l& d but you should call
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I hope you have called your OB by now. It sounds to me like a UTI and that needs treatment ASAP or THAT can cause PTL. Good luck!
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 1:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2009