I don't know what to do, this is getting frustrating!

My son will be 9 months on the 12th and it has been so cute getting to watch him crawl around and go from sitting up, to standing up, to laying down all on his own.

The thing is now at nap time when he's obviously sleepy, he'll roll and end up pushing himself up so he's upright in the crib, gets pissed off and starts screaming. I've tried giving it a few minutes so that he can try what he normally does during play time when he just lays back down, but he acts like he's stuck and he hates it!

Any advice and is this normal?

ours

Asked by ours at 6:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine all did it too. call me mean, but i left them there, checking on them frequently to make sure they were ok, but not getting them out either. eventually mine stopped doing it.
    Mommy2AAA

Answer by Mommy2AAA at 6:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I leave him there for five minutes, come in, gently lay him back down with his blankie and turn on the fisher price thing, then two mins later he's screaming again. Right now the little monster is out here on the couch with me 'cause I just gave up after doing this routine for the morning nap (which he pretty much just missed) and now the afternoon nap which he's 30mins late on right now.
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• lol its kinda funny...atleast when your not the mom dealing with it huh? I woulsd just let him cry. I know its kinda mean but after a day or two he'll stop doing it. goodluck!
    n03z07l08

Answer by n03z07l08 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yeah...he learned to get up and now has to learn how to get down, all in his sleep.

It will pass, he will figure it out. When you lay him back down, do it in a way that he can figure it out for himself if you can. Maybe make his elbows bend so he kind of lowers himself gently....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2009