Cleaning my coffee table!

Couple questions- what should i use?

its wood

also my husband put a hot tortilla on it the other day and i haven't been able to get rid of the white ring that it left

its not tortilla remnants- its heat damage to whatever finish bassett put on this table

its a nice table- i'm afraid we're ruining it though

any ideas on cleaners? commercial and homemade?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• someone destroyed our nice kitchen table made of finished wood...we scrubbed it with goo gone, then put old english (wood conditioner not alcohol) on it. looks almost brand new
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• use a dusting spray like pledge or something normally, than about once a month use an oil. as for the ring, i wish i had a suggestion for you.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• yeah i googled it and i need to figure out how my wood is finished to know what to use. hmm, what to do right now though...
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yeah, there is really nothing you can do about the ring, but refinish or you could get a furniture marker, but I usually only use a furniture marker for small nics.
    For cleaning the coffee table you can use pledge or endust, but really you can just use a rag and water. Some people who have very expensive furniture won't use pledge or any other cleaning agent on their furniture, they claim it ruins it. Good luck with the ring
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 7:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• thanks for the words

i found something in my bassett furniture care kit- a furniture duster- made it shiny but it's still got flaws. we're going to have to re-sand it or something
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• where do you find furniture makers that sounds intedresting. i would like to try that with my dinnig room futrniture.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Lemon oil

Answer by rkoloms at 9:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2009