how to induce labor what worked best for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sexual intercourse :)
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I agree with QandA. SEX.There is something in the semen that helps. Best wishes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I tried alot and the only thing that honestly EVER did anything was sex. ONCE. But don't try to take anything. you can make yourself really sick AND only hurt yourself without even a hint of bringin on labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Pitocin.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• This is what my doc told me when I was a week over due with my DD... sex, lots of walking, foot massages, nipple stimulation, and of course the fast ride in a car down a bumpy road...that one did it. Whatever you do, DO NOT take castor oil! I tried that one and only got the runs and vomiting. Oh and nasty gassy like cramps!
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 7:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I tried EVERYTHING!! The only thing that worked was when the Doctor broke my water. Good luck.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 7:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Castor oil and other constipation relivers only made me get REALLY bad diareha. If I ate, within 20 minutes I was on the toilet. So it make me afraid to eat for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Having sex and leaving the semen helped with thinning out my cervix though it did not induce my labor my cervix was so thin that durig labor I went from3 centimeters to fully dialated in a matter of 10 minutes so it's definately worth the 15 minutes of legs up against the wall! Congrats on baby!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I didn't try to bring on labor-I figured my body knew when the best time would be. With my second baby ,I went for my usual weekly OB appointment and my doctor said I was dilating and could deliver within 48 hours so he stripped the bag of waters. I went that night-after just a couple of hours of labor, she was born. I was not in any hurry so I let nature take its course with the other two deliveries.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• There are many things that people will tell you, but most of the time, they will just come when they are ready. Sex (including orgasm and semen to soften the cervix) can help, as can nipple stimulation. I've heard that inserting evening primrose oil capsules vaginally can help prepare the cervix as well. I'd say just wait until the LO is ready.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2009