Would you agree?

This whole health care reform thing has got me thinking.. I've heard a lot of people say that those who are opposed are "cold hearted" and just "don't care about those who need affordable health care". Honestly, that is simply not true. Those opposed can see the problems that HR3200 has and can see that it is only going to do more harm than good in the future. We ALL want health care reform, just NOT THIS KIND. This holds the life of millions of Americans in it's hands. Why the rush? Don't you want it done right and not stick your children and grandchildren with the bill? What is so cold hearted about that?

BEXi

Asked by BEXi at 8:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Since I worked for about 40 years,I contributed to Social Security and Medicare with the taxes taken out of each paycheck.. I am paying about $93.00 a month for Medicare now and a small amount for my medications. It works for me and I don't see why it wouldn't work for others.

Soon as you break a hip, you will have used up every penny you put in during your lifetime, as well as every penny several other people put in as well. Never mind the fact that the government has borrowed all the money from SS and there's nothing in that acct but a bunch of IOU's. All that money you put in over 40 years - none of it is going to your SS or anyone else's. Congress borrowed it years ago to pay for someone's pork project.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I was unaware that so many people have psychic abilities and are able to tell what a bill in Congress will do to an entire nation. While you're at it, can you tell me what the winning lotto numbers are?
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 8:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• There are reasonable people opposed to the bill but there are also many people who are being cold hearted about it. I know a couple of women who don't want reform at all because if "everyone can afford to see a dr I'll have to wait to see one." Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart liberal but I'm willing to wait a day or two for an appointment instead of getting one so fast that I'm not sure I can get to the office in time if it means that all sick people can get care. One of my friends almost lost her hearing because of a nasty flu when she didn't have insurance. She finally decided to pony up a very substantial chunk of her pay check to see the dr and get drugs but she could only do that because she had a reasonably well off boyfriend who could help her out. That shouldn't happen in a civilized country.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Jafra...some things CAN be predicted...Such as...there is NO MONEY to pay for the public option. I could go on and on....and maybe some girls will, but you aren't going to listen. Too busy being sarcastic....cuz that answered her question....

Bexi......I know what you mean.  I have read pieces of the bill that I don't like.  I am opposed to the public option and am looking for real reform that doesn't leave one group of people paying for many others that COULD get HC if there was REAL reform.  Not cold hearted, just would like there to be a time when my grandchildren are not paying for debt that O-B-A-M-A is creating.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I agree. It's not rocket science to see that it's a mistake to enact a bill we can't fund. What happens to the people who are dependent on the program when our credit runs out? If that takes psychic abilities, maybe I should play the lotto.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I am wondering why our future generations will be paying for MY health care that I receive? Hmmmm. I do already have Govenment Health Care-Medicare. Since I worked for about 40 years,I contributed to Social Security and Medicare with the taxes taken out of each paycheck.. I am paying about $93.00 a month for Medicare now and a small amount for my medications. It works for me and I don't see why it wouldn't work for others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It's wasted breath BEXi. Many of the posters that call out the names like 'cold hearted' don't care what we have to say. They want reform, damned the consequences.

Never mind that we don't have a price tag on it. 

Never mind it's never been done in a country with the population we have. 

Never mind some of the elected officials that are supposed to vote on it haven't even read it - admit that they won't bother to read it - and furthermore know without reading it that it's not understandable.

Yet they are willing to plunk down that taxpayer credit card to pay for the darned thing. Like I said, damned the consequences.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• "They want reform, damned the consequences."

Reminds me of that saying.. "Republicans care for the future, Democrats just want to screw it".
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• If they were so interested in reform, then Obama would have voted for the TORT reform bill proposed a couple of years ago. But he didn't.

This health care reform is no more about health care than lemons are about vegetables. It is about government taking taxpayer money as an interest free loan and only returning rationed portions out to those lucky enough to make it work for them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• "It is about government taking taxpayer money as an interest free loan and only returning rationed portions out to those lucky enough to make it work for them."

And them appointing the IRS to consider who has "acceptable health care" or not proves this.. An extra 2.5% tax because the IRS doesnt believe someone has acceptable health care? ARE YOU KIDDING? I'm sure everyone who ISNT on "Obamacare" will see this tax fee. IRS are greedy bastards.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2009