How old can you pierce a babies ears?

Asked by Tias_Mom at 8:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as there 3 months or older then they will do it make sure where ever you go they have two people on so they can do it at the same time.

Answer by raemommy at 8:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• This is not a put down. Why pierce so young? What a good idea to have two people do an ear at a time, never saw that before. I just don't understand why do that to a child who just doesn't know what earings are yet. But I do know that the babies Ive seen get pierced do stop crying within five or 10 minutes. Their fright or pain doesn't last horribly long.

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I believe most places require they have their first shots, but I don't think they ask for documentation. Personally, I believe a child is old enough to get their ears pierced when they can ask for it, and truly understand the process.

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• at 3months,thats when they get there tecnis shot

Answer by angelairelan at 8:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My daughter's doc does it. She is 8 months. You should see if her doc can do it at the office. I can't imagine it being more sterile than at a doctor's office

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I would wait until she is about 5 years old. A baby will pull out the earrings, maybe tear her earlobe. It sounds like you would be taking a big chance. Babies don't need earrings.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I was 2 months old when my parents pierced mine. My DD is almost 6 months old and I refuse to get her's done after hearing a baby scream after getting her's done. I don't wanna put my daughter through that if she's not ready. I rather wait until she's old enough to decide for herself if she'd like her ears pierced :) That's just me though.

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• 3 months of age. Tips if you are getting done. Please make sure any crocheted blankets, sweaters, etc stay away from her ears. They will yank them out. Also, when you clean them that they don't end up getting fluff, or hair ( yours ,theirs, etc) in the ear lobe. My daughter had hers done, the blankets rip them out, and my hair got into ther earlobe ( we have no idea) and it became infected. If you decided to do this. BE CAREFUL!!

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Why would you want to pierce a child's ears that young???? Would you consider getting your child a tattoo?? Of course not, so why inflict pain on them or scar thier body, if it's not there decison!!!!!!!

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I got my daughters done at 5mos, and then at 2mos. The 5 month old cried for maybe a min but it was just a wimper, and my 2 month old slept through it, plus when they get them done really young they don't mess with them.

Answer by 2PreemieGirls at 10:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2009