Is it normal to feel chilly a lot of the time while pregnant while everyone else is hot? And is it normal to feel feverish, but have no fever? I am 10 weeks. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 11 weeks and that's how I've been too. And the only way I can go to sleep is with several blankets! My SO hates all the blankets on our bed and he says that I'm radiating too much heat! lol
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• before I knew i was pregnant, I knew "something" wasnt right. SO and I had been drinking one evening and were invited to a friend's home to hang out and go swimming. well it was a warm august evening, not cold at all, but I was freezing once in the water. I got chills, felt nauseaus. I went into the hot tub and once it was nice and warm to "even me out", I felt extremely tired and since that night my symptoms were very preggo-like. I took a test the next day and the rest is history lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• That depends.

I am naturally heat tolerant, so even pregnant while other people are hot I'm comfortable. And only when other people are roasting do I feel hot. I also naturally am sensitive to cooler temperatures...so when other people are comfortable I tend to feel chilled. This is normal for ME. Pregnancy or no pregnancy.

As for feeling "feverish", your blood volume is increasing and that can have an effect on surface temperature. My husband often said my body felt/feels "hot" (hotter than normal that is) even though my temperature was/is perfectly normal.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I am 9 weeks and I have been both ways actually. We were at my in-laws yesterday and when we left I asked my husband if he thought it was hot in their house...he said he was fine but I felt like I was on fire! I am usually always cold so this was different for me. I also am very cold at night and then when I wake in the am I feel hot. No idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009