where do you keep the portable potty?

I have a cute 3 in 1 portable potty for my son. he's 16 months old, not ready yet, but I'm starting to do some research since I'm a first time parent. where did you keep the potty? I've read some put it in the playroom, their nursery/bedroom or bathroom. I read in Parent magazine, about one mom having one for each of those rooms!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• when she was first starting out we kept it in the living/play area, b/c she spent most of her time there so i could just say hop on the potty and she'd sit w/a toy or watch tv and "go potty" after a few months of that when she would actually sit and pee i moved it to the bathroom and thats where its stayed since then. but she wasn't too big on the little potty she wanted to use the grown up one at that point.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I skipped that and got a seat that fits right over the big seat. I think those things are bad! you have to retrain a child to use a big pot so why not just start out the right way?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I tried to keep it in the bathroom as much as possible. It is after all where I want them to go eventually anyway.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I'm old fashioned ,I didn't use potty chairs,and pull-ups wasn't invented 35 years ago. My grandchildren use potty chairs, but,they were in the bathroom,next to the toilet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have my daughters in the living room next to her bookshelf haha. She gets out a "potty book" and sits on the potty several times thru the day. And when she actually remembers to try to make it to the potty it is closer for her to get to than the bathroom is.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I would originally keep it in the bathroom but I let my son carry it around sometimes it was in his room and sometimes it was in the family room
    Laceymay

Answer by Laceymay at 3:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009