Anyone ever rent a steam cleaner from Safeway?

I noticed at the Customer Service counter in Safeway that they have carpet steamers for rent? How much does it cost? I hate my cheap apartment carpet that produces stains, but I don't have $500+ to buy my own steamer.

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have rented the rug doctor from safeway on several occassions, most recently two weeks ago. The original is 24.99, the wide track is 26.99 and the hand tools are 3.00. I did not buy any soap to go with it. I just used 2 gallons HOT water and 1 cup of white distilled vinegar. The carpets were filthy! We moved in almost a year ago when we bought our house and had a professional come in to clean, but we live in Washington (wet, muddy shoes 3/4 of the year) and we have a 2 y/o boy, who happens to be potty training. The vinegar/hot water worked great.

Last weekend I found the steamcleaner I had been looking to buy, deeply discounted ($75 down from $189.99) so my husband bought it! It's a Bissell Proheat x2 Turbo. I have gotten to use it a few times already (like I said little boy in the house who is potty training..) and it's great. Still only using vinegar and water.
    chelsea_renee

Answer by chelsea_renee at 2:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• well first if you go to walmart they are no where near that expensive! i bought one last year for $125, its a bissell so its a good brand.
    i've rented one at a few diff grocery stores before i bought mine (in diff states too so not just around me) and the average is about $30 a day for all the pieces (you'll need the extensions for tough stains) i would suggest buying one though, if you pay $30 4 times a year you might as well have bought your own
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• are you serious? I was always under the impression that they were ungodly expensive. My stepmom bought one for a party once and I remember her spending at least $400 on it....then again she was a money grubber who would only buy the best of the best.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I have borrowed SEVERAL storebought steam cleaners and they SUCK BALLS HARDCORE

rent the rugdoctor from safeway it is an amazing machine. it was 26.99 for us to rent the big one- but you do have to buy cleaner to go with it and that's another twenty
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2009