10 month old teething and refusing bottle.. Help

Ok well my son will be 10 months in a few days and is cutting 2 new teeth, one on top one on the bottom. He has been running a low grade fever and refusing his bottle. I have been offering him food `and he has nibbling on and off throughout the day, but in order for me to get liquids into him I have to give him sips of pedialyte out of a big cup. He usually takes a bottle at naptimes and bedtime so about 4 a day, now he hasn't had any in 2 days. He's not lethargic or acting sick at all, but I'm worried he will dehydrate. He has 8 teeth and none have made him act like this.. Is this normal when teething? Please help I'm worried thanks.

gabe11-14

Asked by gabe11-14 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I buy the teething tablets. When my youngest was about that age he wouldn't breastfeed. I was in so much pain but as soon as I gave him some of the tablets he nursed.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Try a syringe, and give him liquids. Or take him to the E.R for an I.V.
    reyreybella01

Answer by reyreybella01 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I've heard that keeping the bottle nipples in the fridge to cool them down then offering them helps
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2009