3 1/2 month old teething?!

is that normal?
my 4 1/2 month old started teething at 3 1/2 months. But the doctor didn't seem worried about it, should I be?
p.s.
Im a first time mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 3 and a half months old too and i think he is teething too! he drools ALOT, he chews on his pacifier and bottle ... i havent asked the dr about it yet though.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• thats normal, my daughter, now 6 1/2 months, but 3 months at the time already poked 2 teeth through.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• every baby teeths at different times if the DR isn't worried I wouldn't be. I freaked out cuz my son didn't get his first tooth till he was 1 LOL and I'm a first time mom too. I think mom's freak out about everything so I wouldn't worry if the Dr. doesn't. :) Just smile and enjoy them being that little because it goes fast.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 9:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• At 4 months my daughter started teething. Now she is 8 months and you can finally visibly see 2 teeth coming thru. Her doc said it's nothing unusual to start showing symptoms that early. She drooled alot back then but now it's not as bad. But she is much fussier and everything goes in her mouth, even my dog's tail is fair game. LOL good luck!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Not a problem, nursing might become painful soon tho, lol.
    2PreemieGirls

Answer by 2PreemieGirls at 10:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I thought my daughter was teething at 3 months old (they seem to teeth for long periods of time) and the first tooth just popped above the gum line on her 6 month birthday (august 25th). The one thing that I noticed when the tooth was for real coming in, is a rash on her chin and chest from the drool.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• my son is 4 months old and already has 2 teeth. Im a first time mom as well, and the BEST piece of advice that I can give you is...ALL babies are different. ALL....oh and always trust YOUR instinct...the pediatrician isnt always right....its called a medical PRACTICE for a reason....
    Milabowman214

Answer by Milabowman214 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009