how do you decide when is the right time to have your second child?

well we're ready (emotionally),..i'm in a good place right now in my heart but he's really concerned about finances. we're not struggling or anything. but we do live with his parents; we are looking for a home. sometimes i dont want to wait. i want my kids to be close in age.

under_SunRain

Asked by under_SunRain at 9:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• honestly i feel if your still living under someone else's roof is not the time to plan for another baby, you need to plan our future and where you will be living on your own to support them other kids you want
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think when you're financially and emotionally ready. Plus my dad said if I got pregnant again he'd kick me out ;] (we live with my parents too)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think as soon as you find your own place would be the best time. I hope you wont be offended by this. I am not trying to be mean, but i know i would want my own place before i had another child. On the other hand, if you are helping with expenses there and you want them to be close together then i would try now, especially if you are pre-approved to buy a home and will be moving out soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I too would wait to find my own place to live. Because if you can't make it then, adding another baby will not help the situation. Now as the anon above said, if you are there to help his parents or some other reason that could be understandably different. But respect them and find your own place. Maybe this is your incentive to move out faster.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009