what do you think of teen moms?

please dont be jugdementall ....what do you think of them?? ... im 17 and i have a 4 month old baby boy =] he means everything to me ...im still in school ima a senior my last yr ! im working and also takingcare of my son, and also a single parent. and i am going to collage to major in culinary arts to become a pastry chef =]

tashababii

Asked by tashababii at 10:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I think it's all depending on each person. If you love your child and show them attention and take care of them and don't put them off on other people then it's great. I don't believe in abortion so I think that it's great that women of any age are trying to take care of their responsibilities. Men for that matter too. Don't let people put you down your relationship with your son is all that should matter. The fact that when that little boy looks at you he knows YOUR his mommy is the best thing in the world. I'm proud of you for not acting as tho having a baby means your life is over. You're going to school and you're trying to make a better life for you and you're son. You should be proud of yourself I know you're son is!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 10:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• awesome for you!! i was also 17 when i gave birth..and i got married and have been sucessful ever since. we dont all fir the stereotype!:) i think as long as they step up and depend on themselves to raise their child then i see no problem with them
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 10:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't have a problem with teen moms. When someone has a kid has nothing to do with me.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• To be perfectly honest I think better of teen moms than I do of older moms... I firmly believe that women should have their children young. If you can't remember what it was like to be a kid, how can you relate? Would I like to see my 14 yo have a child? No. But would I like then to wait til they are 40? No. I think between the ages of 18 and 25 is ideal to have kids... I'm 26 and would never think of having more at my age... So, what do I think of teen moms? I don't really think much about it. But over all I think they will have a healthier relationship with their kids than older moms do, and I think that is a good thing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think as long as they are mature enough to take care of them great. I have a problem with any moms (teen or adult) that don't take care of their kids and just pass them along. I do feel bad for young moms becaue there is a lot they end up missing out on. I missed out on a lot because I had my 1st young but at the same time I wouldn't change it for anything. lol.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i think that teen moms are just moms and that's it. It doesn't matter your age to be able to love and care for a child. A person of "right" could be a terrible mother. Just because you may need help, doesn't mean you are a bad mom. I am 24 with a 11 month old daughter and i take allll the help i can get. It bothers me when people have negative things to say about teen moms. Life has twists and turns, and if it was easy then life would be pretty boring. You sound like you are doing a great job! So go you! lol and i have no negative thoughts about teen moms... bad mom's now that a different story!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't think badly of them, if thats what you are asking. I have a 2 year old daughter so I always wonder what I would do if she got pregnant as a teenager. While I hope to instill values in her that makes her wait until she has done everything she can possibly do without having any responsibilities as serious as a child, shit happens, lol. I was 19 when I got pregnant with my first, 20 when I had him so I was pretty young myself and have managed fine. I think it all depends on the person. Lots of older moms aren't so great just as some young moms aren't so great. Good luck babe and I'm happy to see another young mom doing awesome!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i think its great that you love your son and are doing so good, but you are missing out on your childhood. im 22 and my son is 3 months old, and i would never change anything and not have had him, but sometimes i cant help but think of some of the things i cant do now. im sorry, i dont mean to be depressing, i just dont think that people should have children too young. i think 25 or so is the perfect age.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I feel bad for them if its not what they want or if they aren't happy, because I think in life its important to be happy, but raising children is hard period.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2009