Have you ever contracted an STD?

How did you feel? How did you deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Health

• No thank goodness!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Surprisingly I haven't!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• no
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I got chlamydia the first time I ever had sex. It was caught before I had any real symptoms except I had a feeling like freezing cold wind whipping through my lower belly. I told the guy I slept with and he was very apologetic about it and very upset. I dealt with it by making sure it didn't happen again babe.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yep herpes. It was frightening but I took it surprisingly well. I use medication to stave off outbreaks. I told hubs about it a week after we met. He took it well also. To be honest, I'd rather have outbreaks somewhere you can't see them than on my face (cold sores). It's more annoying than anything. It's just something I have to deal with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i have HPV and not the warts kind, but the kind that causes cancer. I was suprised and i have no ideea where it came from or what, since the kind that i have doesn't cause harm to guys. but i deal with it and have had leep and colposcopies a plently. i just have to watch it for the rest of my life.
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Thank the Lord I've never gotten anything!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 12:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Nope...I did get a rash from lotion my husband used. He wrestles and his tights bothered him so he bought some lotion and here I was allergic.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes. I got herpes from my husband when we were still dating. Until I was diagnosed, he never even knew he had it. We think he got it from his ex-wife, who would get cold sores occassionally. He really never had anything more than what appeared to be a minor irritation (for the longest time he thought he was allergic to certain types of laundry detergent), but he did have a mild irritation a few days before we had sex, then a couple days later I got an outbreak. It was awful, I needed pain meds to just sleep at night. It took a long time to accept that it was a part of my life from then on and get to a point to forgive DH (even though he claimed ignorance, that first outbreak made me VERY skeptical), but I was actually really lucky because in the 7 years I've had it, I've maybe had 4 outbreaks and that is it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2009