How do you know when it's ok to start dating again?

Im a single mom who is 25 with a 2 1/2 yr old son. I've been single for a while now and I'm starting to go through that phase where I'm thinking about meeting new people but I'm not sure I'm ready to. I'm more cautious now because im a mother not an eighteen yr old in college. I just don't know when its appropriate to start dating and how to go about it. This is a whole new ball game for me. I could really use some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• When you ask yourself this question then it's time. Get out there and enjoy

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• go out, meet people and have fun. just make sure you could see yourself being serious with someone before you start introducing boyfriends to your son so that he doesnt get attached to people who dont stay in his life.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I agree, Go out and make FRIENDS. MALE FRIENDS, I am a great believer in becoming friends FIRST. I have EXPERIENCE here. I've been married FOUR times and NEVER made friends first. DO NOT FOLLOW ME.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yeah, you are only 25! Wow. You have so much time and so many opportunities. Make some friends, don't get involved , just be friends first. When you meet the right guy, you should remind yourself that respect and affection is the most importnat thing and leave the closer relationship for much later. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2009