is 36 weeks to early to have a baby if im already going into pre term labor

i am 33 weeks and have been going in and out of labor for about a month they have me on pills to stop it but if i was to have my baby at 36 weeks would it be bad would my baby make it ........... i did get a stairoid shot for the baby lungs to mature already but im still scared

kendra10

Asked by kendra10 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was born the day I turned 36 weeks. I had no idea I was even in labor until I went for my check up that day. I didn't have any of the steroids or anything. She was born and was perfectly healthy:) The only thing different we had to do with her was she had a little trouble maintaining her body heat and had jaundice. Neither are very serious if treated properly and they are both common even with full term babies.

Don't worry mama... Good Luck!
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I had mine at 38 weeks, although a little small she was fine.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• From what I know, after 35 weeks, the survival rate is about 98% so I guess it's okay if you are really in labor. Of course, it's the best to have a full term baby though.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Chances are very good that she would be fine. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Your baby should be fine for the most part, even is she was born today!. There are some issues that late preterm babies (34-37 weeks) have such as feeding issues, jaundice, temperature instability and even some respiratory issues, despite the steroids. But most 36 weekers do go home with mom. Good luck!

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 12:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had my son at 36 weeks. He was 5lbs 11ounces...breathed on his own and had no complications. We both went home 2 days later :) Good luck and congrats!
    Bella05

Answer by Bella05 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2009