How can I make my 18 mth sit on the furniture?

I've tried spatting her, didn't work. I've tried telling her no and saying sit down and sitting her down. I'm starting to get frustrated because she loves to stand up and run and I'm scared she's gonna fall and break an arm or something.

JessicaLewis320

Asked by JessicaLewis320 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 18 months all they want to do is climb so whatever you dont want her climbing move it, I had to take my coffee table out because my son was forever on it at 18 months you are going to repeat yourself 100x's just move whatever you can because they aren't going to sit for more than 2 min
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Good luck . . . I can only imagine what my daughter will be doing in a few months!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• keep repeating that the furnichure is for sitting on not jumping on. Don't spank at this age because they will get immune to it and when they are kids they will laugh at the idea of spanking. Seriously, I have been taking care of kids for 30 yrs now. you just have to stick with it..she will learn at some point and then learn something else to drive you crazy! enjoy it before you know she will be a know it all teenager
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2009