what where you doing when your dh asked you to marry him?

mine pulled the truck over on the street where we met at right in frount of our friends home. he turned up the music it was raining. he took me to the middle of the road and danced with me in the rain. then he got down on one knee when everyone came outside (all of our friends where there) and asked me to marry him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• awww thats too sweet! We're not married yet but he asked me one day while my aunt and mom were about to take me to perth amboy to go shopping, i was in the back of the car and my mom and aunt were in the front seats and he had called me and told me not to leave yet- so we sat there in the car outside of the house waiting for him to get home- when he pulled up he ran to the car all out of breath and sweaty lol and he grabbed my hand and slipped a diamond ring on my finger- his hands were shaking so bad he almost dropped the ring lol and he asked me- will you marry me? and I said yes and my mom started making fun of him shaking lol- great timing ma! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Awww! I was in texas visting my brother he was home in maryland an he asked me ova a text message! Not really romantic but i thought it was sweet!
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 11:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I was asked when we were playing strip poker with some friends. He was butt naked (because he lost). I didn't know weather to take him serious or if he was just messing around. But he was serious and we have been married for 4 years and together for 6.
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Where I live, we have a park that has what is called a sunken garden (its kinda in a little valley, its hard to explain). We always enjoy walks in the parks, This just happens to be my favorite one. He stopped, dropped to one knee and said..."Will you marry me" I said yes, went home (whis is 5 mins away from the park) and I had to go to Walgreens and get cream and benadryl because by the time we got home, he was broke out in hives on every inch of his body. It sure was a moment to remember.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Honestly, we'd just had sex for the first time (with each other and in general, we were both virgins until that point) and we both decided that it seemed like a good idea to get married. We'd known each other for 18 days, got married 2 days later and next month we'll celebrate our 24th anniversary.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• We were on the observation deck of the John Hancock Building in Chicago enjoying the lights of the city. He whispered in my ear and it gave me a chill...or a thrill...or whatever you want to call it.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 12:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• HaHa... We were getting married. lol!

My mom really pushed us to get married when she found out I was pregnant. We got married for her, not for us. So, since he didn't get the chance to propose before the wedding, he stopped the cerimony and got down on one knee and did it there... Everyone cried - even the photographer...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Mine didn't ask....he was working on his van.....I was sitting in the passenger seat watching him as he stood by the driver's side, and leaned in to work on something inside the van. He looked up and said "I"m going to marry you." We had known each other two weeks. We got married a year later right between the picnic tables where we met....that was 21 years ago August 20th.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• We were in college, broke, and I had just gotten off work...I was gross and disgusting because I worked for a lawn company...walk in the door - he had a spaghetti dinner all ready - after dinner he asked me to marry him...we've been married for 7 years Oct. 5th...
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 1:11 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My dh had just gotten back from 6 months out to sea, and we had a Saturday morning tradition of going to a local bagel place and getting breakfast (when he wasn't on duty that is). He woke up super early and brought the bagels to me in bed and in the center of one of them was my engagement ring. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, we celebrated 16 years this year.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 1:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2009