My son is 21 months. We have no family history of allergies of any kind. Tomorrow I am making Paella (containing shellfish). Do you think it's OK to give him the rice, chicken, and veggies cooked in the same pan? I know the recomended age for introdicing shellfish is at least 2, so just wondering if this would be too risky.

Leos_mama

Asked by Leos_mama at 11:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would go ahead. Give him just a little and wait a while.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• just avoid the shellfish for the mercury,right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Well, I would still wait until he is 2 y/o. It's still up to you, if anything happened, just give him some Benerdryl though.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 11:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My daughter is 14 months and she has had lo mein with shrimp without eating an actual shrimp and she was fine. I would try it. Without a family history of food allergies, I would just give a tiny bit and see, but be prepared and watch for the littliest sign.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2009